Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yummy Eats and Shopping Treats

Happy Hump Day!  How's your week been so far?  Besides a mini crisis on Monday my week has been wonderful even with the icky rain on Tuesday.

Today I got to relive my Denver experience by eating at Jason's Deli.  I discovered this deli in Denver because of its location right next to my hotel.  I ate there everyday for lunch because of the fantastic salad bar and its commitment to healthy and organic food.  Needless to say when I discovered a location in Tyson's Corner I began planning a return trip immediately.   The salad bar is packed with spinach, romaine, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, artichokes (yummmm), hummus, onion, cucumber, mushrooms, carrots, different seeds, nuts, dried fruit, etc.  Basically it's salad bar heaven :)  Here's my plate (with a fruit cup):

I got spinach, bell peppers, olives, cucumbers, broccoli, mushrooms, artichokes, and topped it off with some balsamic vinegar.  I strongly dislike most balsamic vinaigrettes but I love the pure vinegar...am I weird??  After devouring my salad, I ran back for a second helping (lots of artichokes and olives).  It's a bit pricey but for an unlimited salad bar with such yummy eats it's completely work the price.  No icky iceberg lettuce in sight.

And finally, I made my first purchase at Lululemon.  Typically I'm against spending lots of money on clothes I sweat in BUT my friends and family have been harassing me about being a Scrooge and whining about hating my workout gear.  Plus I'm going on a bike trip this weekend in Gettysburg and it's supposed to be cold and rainy on Saturday so I don't want to freeze to death.  After consulting with the Lululemon experts and a couple of deep breaths, I purchased this:


It's the very cute Define jacket costing me slightly over $100 which is A LOT of money for me to spend on workout wear.  However, Lululemon's quality is impeccable and created to last at least 5 years.  The jacket is cute and will definitely keep me much warmer than my yucky old Northface which I destroyed in college.  I'm testing it out tomorrow morning on route to my 6am Body Step class!!

Do you own anything from Lululemon or otherwise expensive workout wear?  What's your policy on workout clothing?

5 comments:

  1. I usually buy my workout clothes from Target or outlet stores but I have heard great things about Lululemon and want something from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket!!! Lululemon is such a dangerous place for me but they do have some of the best running and workout clothes.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cute jacket! I don't spend a lot of money on workout wear. I go to Ross Dress for Less to buy cheaper workout clothes. I always look at sales racks, and I buy what I can at the Nike Outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! (Of course I remember you)

    I didn't know you were a health blogger either (or that you lost 100 lbs)! That's awesome :D And yeah, I'm the crazy running vegan in the sorority...what can I say lol.

    p.s. I have that no meat athlete shirt too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Jason's deli and am obsessed with lululemon! when are we going to jason's deli with ashley!??!

    ReplyDelete