Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Oats

Oh oatmeal how I love and adore thee!  And I've discovered the new love of my oatmeal life...
Oats In A Jar!!

Now I've seen oats in a jar over all the blogs however I've never experienced the joy.  I eat breakfast at work and lots of time I sleep through breakfast on the weekends (eek I know I should eat breakfast).  But this lovely (aka cold and gray) Sunday morning, I had to take the family to the airport and I needed some fuel if I wanted to drive to the airport and then do some kickboxing and weight lifting.  I also had a nearly empty jar of Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams from baking on Friday.  I made peanut butter banana cookies ala Fat Free Vegan, I used all whole wheat pastry flour, Dark Chocolate Dreams PB, and no chocolate chips.  Sorry no pictures but the cookies turned out yummy and very banana in flavor (which I love...makes me feel healthier for eating cookies).

Anyways, so I saved my nearly empty jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams (which I plan on buying more of immediately) and whipped up 1/2 cup of oats with a medium/large banana to toss inside my jar.  After cooling for a few minutes, I risked burning my mouth and dove into my oats.  YUM!  Why had I waited so long to do this???  If you have a nearly empty jar of PB, save it for your oats :)  I'm so tempted to buy PB and empty the jar into Tupperware so I can have oats in a jar again tomorrow.  Or maybe this is just an incentive to eat more peanut butter...

Have you tried oats in  a jar?  And what's your favorite nut butter?  I think I finally found mine :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that peanut butter. A little too much. I went through a jar in like a week whereas a normal peanut butter takes me like a month!

    I'm not a huge oatmeal fan. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because everyone else seems to love it. I like it in restaurants. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete