- Fat free or low fat refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (or 2) jars favorite pizza sauce
- Fat free or low fat mozzarella cheese
- Ground beef (turkey, soy crumbles, etc)
1. Open biscuit dough and cut into quarters and place in a 9x13 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover entire bottom of dish.
2. Pour jars of pizza sauce over cut up biscuits.
3. Add ground beef (browned)
4. Top with mozzarella then bake at 375 F for 30 minutes or until the sauce bubbles/the cheese has melted.
Voila! Very simple and quick casserole that's a crowd pleaser. My family loves pizza but this casserole puts a new twist on the pizza pie. I round out the meal with some green beans sautéed with garlic plus I make my brothers pick a piece of fruit too (typically banana or strawberries). This can be incredibly "healthified" by using ground turkey or soy crumbles and fat free mozzarella plus if you're a vegetarian you can use soy crumbles and you've got a yummy vegetarian main dish. On nights when I cook for my Dad and brothers I will just whip up something else for me to eat that's vegan friendly.
Do you ever make multiple meals to please every member of your family? And if you are a vegan/vegetarian do you ever prepare meat or animal products for the non veggies in your life?